I’m creating a world of women who want to live intentionally, leave their mark on the world and grow their wealth.
Because it’s amazing what can happen when we pull these three ropes together.
And hold them tight.
Which reminds me of a story.
Of a man.
A simple man.
The first in his family to graduate high school.
Mr. Ronald Read.
Mr. Read never became the head of a big corporation. He wasn’t an actor or an athlete or someone you’d recognize if you passed him walking down the street.
And as far as I know he never won the lottery or even bought a lottery ticket.
In fact, up until his retirement at age 65, Mr. Read worked as a gas station attendant.
And then, being bored with retirement, Mr. Read went back to work as a janitor at the local department store.
But when he died in 2014 at the age of 92, Ronald Read had amassed a fortune valued at $8 million!
And in his death, Mr. Read achieved eminence and distinction.
In his small town in Vermont.
By surprising his community in a big beautiful way and bequeathing wealth totaling $6 million to his local library and hospital.
Let’s let that soak in a minute.
Now I understand that Mr. Read never had children who needed food, clothing and education. Unlike me with my eight beautiful kiddos.
And he lived frugally.
In fact Mr. Read lived so much below his means that many of us would never feel comfortable adopting his lifestyle.
Nevertheless Mr. Read is a wonderful example of what we can achieve when we choose to live intentionally, save money consistently and invest for the future.
Here are ten money lessons you can learn from this exceptional and generous man:
1. You don’t need to be a genius, rocket scientist or math brainiac to save money, invest and grow your wealth.
2. You don’t need a high salary to become extraordinarily wealthy.
3. You don’t need to invest in hedge funds, futures, options, alternative investments or anything complicated that you don’t understand to grow your wealth.
4. You DO need to live with discernment.
5. You need to make choices about how you want to live today. AND tomorrow. And take steps to make that happen.
6. You need consistent and strong money habits.
7. You need patience to let your money grow and mature and do it’s thing over time.
8. You need staying power and discipline not to trade in and out of investments, or chase the latest hot tip, or spend your nest egg on the next fancy gizmo that catches your eye.
9. And you need a little bit of knowledge and understanding of the stock market. But not as much knowledge as those guys driving fancy cars and sitting in plush offices downtown would have you believe. Just enough so that you don’t feel intimidated and vulnerable when you’re having financial conversations.
And you feel comfortable asking questions.
And you can sense in your belly when someone is being straight with you.
Or trying to pull the wool over your eyes.
10. You need courage, confidence and financial empowerment.
So you can live intentionally, leave your mark on the world, and grow your wealth.
I’m creating that world.
AND FOR YOU.
Would you like to join me?
My 6-month online financial empowerment program for women Smart Women Build Wealth starts this week on Wednesday February 8th.
You HAVE the capacity to save, create wealth and leave a your mark on the world with your money.
Even if you’re worried that your income might be a little low right now. Or you’re trying to grow your business and your income’s all over the place.
It’s about priorities, goals and commitment.
And learning about and implementing financial practices.
Just like Mr. Ronald Read.
If you’re ready to invest in your future, I know you can do it.
The doors are closing in just three days for Smart Women Building Wealth. Find out more here.
I would love to have you join our beautiful, intimate group of women.
And get smart about money.
And grow your wealth.