Welcome to the new week!
How’s it going for you so far?
I started my week off on the right foot (pun intended) with a brisk morning walk. And I came home hot and sweaty with bright red cheeks.
It’s hot outside today.
But I felt soooo good. Alive. Energized. Invigorated.
It was worth every step!
You know, yesterday afternoon I said to my husband, “I like the color orange.” Being the literal kind of guy he is, he looks around and says “What, you like the recycling bin?”
No dear, the COLOR orange!
Walking around my neighborhood this morning I noticed the orange flowers. There were pinks, yellows, purples and reds. But the orange flowers were zinging to me more than the other blossoms.
And here’s a look at my sneakers:
So what it is with the color orange?
Orange is the color of carrots, melon, mangos and oranges. Delicious, juicy, healthy and rejuvenating foods.
And here’s what www.color-wheel-pro.com says about it:
Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation…Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity.
Oh yes! We all need more orange in our lives.
So let’s take it one step further. How do we bring more rejuvenating and juicy orange into our personal finances? More enthusiasm, more happiness and more success to our money?
Put on your walking shoes and let’s get moving!
Here are 5 things you can do today to bring more orange into your money:
1) Look at your bank statement and notice. Notice if you’re in the plus or the minus and if it’s a lot or if it’s a little. Get cushy and comfy with your numbers. Even if they don’t look so pretty. If your balance is positive, today’s a great day to put some money into savings or investments for your future. If, on the other hand, you’re overdrawn on your account, make one change today to bring your finances back into alignment.
2) Check your credit card statement and look for charges you don’t recognize. Are they legit? Or maybe you signed up for something a while ago that you’ve completely forgotten about? Take a good look and cancel charges for products and services that no longer serve you.
3) Speaking of statements, when was the last time you examined the statement for your pension fund? Do you understand what you’re invested in? Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, something else? Start learning about your investments and the choices your fund manager is making on your behalf. It’s your future.
4) And while we’re at it, how much are you paying in fees? Call your pension agent, your investment advisor, and your banker. Ask for a reduction in fees.
5) Calculate your net worth. That’s the difference between your assets (what you own) and your liabilities (what you owe). During your working years, you want that number to be positive and growing. During retirement, your net worth often drops as you withdraw funds to cover expenses. Make sure you’re on the right path to the pay for the lifestyle you desire.
Healthy personal finances don’t happen overnight. But if you keep putting one step in front of another, I just know you’re going to get there!
Hot, sweaty, energized and invigorated!
So what’s your plan for today? Let me know in the comments below.
Looking forward to getting to know a more creative, enthusiastic and rejuvenated you!
To your health!
P.S. Have you downloaded my free ebook yet Stop Spending Yourself into a Mess? It’s filled with great information on how you can take control of your money today and design a sustainable life you love. Already have it? Share it with folks you love!
P.P.S. Need some help taking the next step on your path healthier personal finances? Contact me and let’s set up a time to talk.